The MiF Program at Sabancı University welcomes applicants with university degrees in economics, engineering, business administration or any other technical based discipline, and a strong interest and motivation for a finance career.
The application process starts with filling out the online application form under the “Apply Now” link, and then submitting the required documents to our program coordinator (see below for a list of required documents). Qualified candidates are invited for formal interviews 1 or 2 weeks after the application deadlines. Admission decisions are made right after interviews and results are conveyed to the applicants.
The early application deadline is for students in need of an early response from us. We keep selected early applications in our files and reevaluate them at our regular application deadline in June. Depending on the applicant pool, early applicants could be granted admission or scholarships even if they did not receive favorable responses in early application period.
The admission committee evaluates applicants with respect to their academic backgrounds and achievements, test scores, and motivations to study finance. Students should be aware of the fact that admissions committee does not disqualify students based on a single criteria. For example, low GPAs could be compensated by excellent test scores, or interview performance.
Merit-based scholarships are available to applicants.
We do not accept students to our program for the spring semester.
The application process has three steps:
(1) Filling in the on-line application form : In order to fill-out the online application, applicants do not need to have all of their exam (GMAT, TOEFL etc.) results.
To reach the online application system please click here.
(2) Sending the application package : The following application documents (hard-copy versions) must be sent
- Signed on-line application affidavit: click here to download.
- Copy of the Diploma (or graduation certificate if you have not graduated yet) from an undergraduate institution
- A photograph
- Transcripts for undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate studies
- Detailed resume including specific information on work experience (work experience is not required but seen as an asset)
- Two letters of recommendation (if possible, one academic and one professional recommendation are preferred) in signed and sealed envelopes. Click here to download the Recommendation Letter Form.
- Statement of Purpose - A well-written statement describing your professional goals and reasons for pursuing an Masters in Finance degree at Sabancı University.
- Academic Exam Score: One of the following exam results is mandatory: GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE (Graduate Record Examination) score or ALES (Turkish academic exam conducted by Turkish Student Selection and Placement Center) scores. For GMAT or GRE, applicants should request their test score reports to be sent by ETS directly to Sabancı University (institution number 7100). To expedite the processing of your application, please attach an unofficial score (Test Taker's Copy) report to your application file. For detailed information about GMAT, please visit their website at www.mba.com. For detailed information about GRE, please visit their website at http://www.ets.org/gre. For more in information about ALES, please visit http://www.osym.gov.tr/TR,8852/hakkinda.html. GMAT, GRE or ALES score older than 5 years are not accepted.
- English Proficiency Exam Results: Any of the following language test results baring the minimum scores and which are within the validity period as indicated below. Photocopies are acceptable for application but original copies should be submitted during admission.
* TOEFL IBT, PTE, CAE or CPE exams will be taken in Turkey, the exam place should definitely be a public university. TOEFL IBT, PTE, CAE or CPE exams taken in a private test center in Turkey will not be accepted.
** KPDS, UDS, EYDS, YOKDIL and YDS are English Languages Assesment exams run by the Turkish Student Assessment, Selection and Placement Center (www.osym.gov.tr).
The validity period for these scores are as follows: KPDS, UDS, EYDS, YOKDIL and YDS 5 years, TOEFL and PTE 2 years, CAE and CPE 3 years.
Students without above language test scores can take Sabancı University English Assessment Examination free of charge. For more information on Sabancı University English Language Exam, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Application Procedure document: Click here to download.
The application package should be sent to (your application will be complete when we receive your application package):
Ms. Burcu Albayrak
Sabancı Graduate School of Management
Orta Mah. Üniversite Cad. No:27
Orhanli, Tuzla 34956 Istanbul
phone: +90-216 483 9672
(3) Taking the interview : The applicants meeting all the application requirements are invited for an interview. Under special circumstances a candidate may be invited for an interview even though some exam results are not in the application file yet. For instance, a candidate with an acceptable score in a language exam taken more than 2 years ago, or someone who studied at a university where the primary language of instruction is English, may be invited to an interview before a valid English proficiency exam result is available. As stated in Step 2, in order for the application to be complete, English proficiency test scores are required.
Click here to download the Application Procedure document.
Read this document carefully before creating an on-line application.
You will also need the Recommendation Letter Form.
Click here to download the Recommendation Letter Form.
When you are ready, create an on-line application from the link below.
Click here to reach the online application procedure.
Following the instructions in the Application Procedure document, prepare your application package and send to:
School of Management
Orta Mah. Üniversite Cad. No:27
Orhanlı 34956 Tuzla Istanbul
Tel : +90 216 483 9672
Fax : +90 216 483 9699
Your application will be complete when we receive your application package.
2018-2019 Academic Year Applications will be active within February 2018.
Early Application Deadline: 2 March 2018
Regular Application Deadline: 8 June 2018
Late Application Deadline: 6 July 2018
Interviews for 2018-2019 Applications will be as follows:
For early application deadline applicants: 5-9 March 2018
For regular/scholarship application deadline applicants: 11-12 June 2018 and 18-22 June 2018
For late application deadline applicants: 9-12 July 2018
SU Language Exams will be held :
24 February 2018
17 March 2018
14 April 2018
26 May 2018
30 June 2018
14 July 2018
For registration and other inquiries about SU Language Exam, please contact Ms.Burcu Albayrak email@example.com